What exactly does "whiskey dick" mean?
Whiskey Dick is a type of temporary Erectile Dysfunction which can occur when you are too intoxicated. In such a situation, you might find it extremely challenging to maintain an erection even if you are sexually aroused.
The body's response to alcohol, including any negative effects on sexual function, varies greatly depending on your physical makeup, how much and how often you drink.
Additionally, whiskey dick is something which isn't caused by whiskey alone. It can result from excessive drinking of any form of alcohol.
How can drinking cause Erectile Dysfunction?
Alcohol has both positive effects, such as relaxation and the feeling of warmth. However, it comes with its own set of cons and impairs some critical functions which are important in maintaining erections. The following are some of the ways alcohol can cause ED:
- When you are sexually aroused, the brain sends messages to the penis, instructing it to become erect. Alcohol is a depressant which might cause your central nervous system to slow down. Your nerves, which transmit impulses from your brain to the erectile tissue of your penis, are crucial to the process of gaining an erection. Alcohol slows this process by weakening your central nervous system, possibly making it more difficult for you to get and sustain an erection.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol can lead to dehydration which directly affects blood volume and circulation. As proper blood flow is key for erections, dehydration could lead to erectile dysfunction. Read more about the link between dehydration and ED here. <add link>
- Alcohol may prevent the production of testosterone which can result in low testosterone levels and weak erections.
- The health of blood vessels may be impacted by chronic heavy drinking, which could result in less blood flowing to the penis and eventually erectile dysfunction.
Tips to avoid getting a Whiskey Dick
It can be frustrating to deal with ED, and here are some of the tips to avoid getting into that situation:
- Don't consume alcohol on an empty stomach. When possible, eat something before or throughout your drinking session. Because food slows down the body's absorption of alcohol, you might not get drunk as quickly.
- Try to alternate between alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. When drinking, try to switch every beer, glass of wine, or other alcoholic beverage with a non-alcoholic beverage like water or soda. This not only reduces the total amount of alcohol you consume, but it also keeps you hydrated, lowering the likelihood that you'll wake up the next morning with a hangover.
- It is a good idea to stick to drinks which are low in alcohol to limit the intake. You can stick to drinks that only contain one standard serving, such as regular-sized glasses of beer or wine. Many cocktails come in glasses that hold multiple normal drinks, which makes it easier to get drunk very quickly.
- Drink anything non-alcoholic that has the appearance of alcohol. If you're concerned about being peer pressured to drink, order a soda, sparkling water, or other non-alcoholic beverage that looks like a cocktail.
How to manage Whiskey Dick
Dealing with erectile dysfunction can be uncomfortable, particularly if it happens after you and your partner have consumed some alcohol. The best way to handle whiskey dick is typically to be open, truthful, and clear with your partner about it. Inform them that despite your desire for sex, you are a bit too intoxicated for your body to cooperate.
Because whiskey dick is usually only fleeting, you could find it easier to get and stay hard the next morning. Just remember to drink some water before bed to avoid ruining your plans for the following morning's sex.
As an alternative, enjoy yourself with your partner without engaging in penetrative sex. There are many methods to have a pleasant, sexy night, even if you can't get or stay fully hard, from oral sex to mutual masturbation.
How long does this ED last
Whiskey dick will typically only last as long as it takes you to get sober. You ought to be able to resume having regular erections after that. On the other hand, a more persistent ED condition may also be brought on by persistent heavy drinking.
Overindulging in alcohol can also increase your risk of hypertension, which harms blood vessels all over the body and raises blood pressure. This could restrict blood flow to your heart, brain, and penis, increasing your risk of a heart attack, stroke, and erectile dysfunction.
Whiskey dick is a typical irritation that can arise when you consume too much alcohol before having sex. Drinking alcohol sensibly is the simplest way to avoid getting a whiskey dick. When you're out with friends or your lover, try to limit yourself to a maximum of two drinks per night and follow the advice given in this article to drink gradually and steadily.
If you experience persistent ED, it is a good idea to talk to a sexual health expert. Schedule a consultation to talk to our warm and welcoming doctors from the comfort of your home today.